Zäsur is a choreographic exploration of desire and desolation, musically propelled by waves of Mahler and Metal. A female performer looks at a distant and near past and, in a search for insight, enters into a dialogue with, among others, Gustav Mahler, Friedrich Hölderlin, Rosa Luxemburg, Yvonne Rainer, Straub/Huillet and experimental metal genres. As she moves in and out of the choreographic space, the audience is invited to follow her in a labyrinth of intensity and distance, intimate and distant situations. She always asks herself: “Why did it happen this way and not otherwise?”.
Zäsur’s aesthetic and artistic point of departure is the question: ‘What is the function of a rupture, understood as a moment in a process of change?’ Fractures or shifts manifest themselves in time; in an individual, in a history, in a social or political context. Dancing and thinking through different personal, artistic and theoretical perspectives, Zäsur thus explores the possible meanings, bodily experiences, feelings and movements of the specific impact of a rupture. This creates a characteristic and intriguing movement language, navigating between aesthetic formalism and brutality.
Read interviews on Zäsur for De Brakke Grond and GC De Kroon.
- Choreography and performance
- Elisabeth Borgermans
- Musical dramaturgy and montage
- Alain Franco
- Artistic collaboration
- Bryana Fritz, Thomas Vantuycom
- Lights and technique
- Luc Schaltin
- Management and production
- Lenneke Rasschaert
- Kate Olsen
- C-TAKT, DansBrabant, Vlaams Cultuurhuis De Brakke Grond, Perpodium
- Cultuurhuis de Warande, GC De Kroon
- With support of
- the Flemish government, the Taxshelter of the Belgian Federal Government, the Flemish Community Commission
- Thanks to
- JOJI INC, WALPURGIS
- 10 September 2021: Premiere at C-TAKT#7 festival in C-mine, Genk, BE
- 30 September 2021: GC De Kroon, Brussels, BE
- 1 October 2021: GC De Kroon, Brussels, BE
- 14 October 2021: Cultuurhuis de Warande, Turnhout, BE